Thursday, September 22, 2011

Synonyms & Antonyms

We are reviewing synonyms and antonyms in class.  Below are the songs (or raps) that we used today to refresh our memories!  Also, be sure to check out all of the synonym and antonym activities in the Megamind Skills Blast portion of our sidebar!

Antonym Song
To the Tune of "Do you know the Muffin Man?"

Oh do you know the antonyms?
The antonyms, the antonyms.
Oh do you know the antonyms?
The meanings are opposites.

When I say, "Yes"
You say, "No"
When I say, "Stop"
You say, "Go"
When I say, "Hot"
You say, "Cold"
The meanings are opposites.

Synonym Song
Tune: "Hush Little Baby"

Synonyms almost the same,

Synonyms almost the same,
Come, let's play a matching game.
Sing two words that mean the same.

When I'm happy, I am glad.
When I'm naughty, I am bad.
If it's large, it's also big.
A hog is also called a pig.

See me hurry, See me rush.
To be quiet means to hush.
If I want, I also wish.
A plastic bowl is still a dish.



No comments:

Post a Comment