Thursday, September 8, 2011

Types of Sentences and Punctuation

This week we have been learning about the different types of sentences. View the slideshow from class here.

Review the slideshow so you can solve these punctuation riddles:

1. You raise your voice at the end of a sentence because of me. I expect an answer when I make a request. Who am I?

2. You usually stop when you see me. My nickname is "dot." I help you tell people information. Who am I?

3. You show emotion when you see me. I am tall and thin. Who am I?

WE HAVE ALSO BEEN LEARNING HOW HARD IT IS TO UNDERSTAND OUR WRITING WHEN WE FORGET TO USE PUNCTUATION REMEMBER HOW TRICKY IT WAS TO READ SOME OF OUR STORIES WHEN WE DIDN'T PUT IN ANY QUESTION MARKS, PERIODS, OR EXCLAMATION POINTS OH MY IT WAS SO HARD WAIT A MINUTE I THINK IT HAPPENED AGAIN I THINK THE PUNCTUATION TOOK A VACATION FROM OUR BLOG OH NO I BETTER GO FIGURE THIS OUT IN THE MEANTIME HAVE FUN WITH THOSE RIDDLES AND LEAVE A POST IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS OH GEEZ I GOTTA GO THIS IS GETTING FAR TOO CONFUSING I BETTER GO READ THAT BOOK FROM CLASS AGAIN TO SEE IF I CAN FIND SOME PUNCTUATION

2 comments:

  1. punctuation takes a vaction
    is a great book





    carson alicea

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. ? question mark
    2. . period
    3. ! exclamation point

    Kate W.

    ReplyDelete